Intellectual property rights
Statkraft is committed to protecting its own intellectual property rights (IPR) and to respect others’ rights.
Focused and coordinated management of IPR will contribute to Statkraft creating added value, gaining a competitive advantage and being able to operate freely in the market without major risk of conflict.
IPR activities in Statkraft include the following areas:
- Patents – protection of a practical solution to a technical problem
- Branding – exclusive rights to trademarks for goods and services, names and logos
- Know-how – knowledge and experience which yield competitive benefits
- Commercial secrets – market knowledge, technical know-how, strategic plans etc.
- Copyright – literary or artistic works
Statkraft has an IPR competence centre located in the Innovation and Growth business unit which assists the Statkraft group with IPR related issues and tasks.