Nikolai works at the PTE unit at Lilleaker within the Power Generation business area.
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- One-year programme in Pedagogy from the University of Oslo (UiO)
I worked as a teacher through the Teach First Norway programme for two years, and then went on to working as a consultant at EY in the financial services area. I have been an intern in Statkraft since March, getting a sneak peek into the Power Generation business area
Which unit do you work in?
I am employed in the project department at the Sauda office (PLD)
How is your trainee plan (rotations)?
1. Electromechanical department (PTE) at the Lilleaker office in Oslo
2. Operations & Maintenance Albania
3. and 4. Project department at the Sauda office
What attracted you to Statkraft?
I wanted to join Statkraft for a number of reasons: it is a company with a large hydro-power portfolio, it is a major player both nationally and internationally when it comes to renewable energy sources, and it is a key employer in the beautiful and scenic rural regions of Norway. Statkraft was a perfect match for me as renewable energy and especially hydro power is right up my alley, and I get to move back to my hometown, Sauda.