Statkraft develops and generates hydropower, wind power, gas power and district heating.
- The majority of our energy production is generated through hydropower. Production takes place in 378 hydropower plants – 273 in Norway, 55 in Sweden, 10 in Germany, three in the United Kingdom and 32 outside Europe.
- We've got three wind power plants in Norway.That is enough to provide electricity to 37 000 households. We also have four in UK, five in Sweden and four outside Europe. In addition we are developing several wind power projects in Sweden and UK.
- Statkraft currently has a total of 35 district heating plants and biomass power plant .
- We operate four gas-fired power plants in Germany and have shareholdings in two other plants.
- Innovation is important to us. We strive to research and develop new sources of energy.