Ownership: 100 %
Production: 21 GWh
Power: 7 MW
Hakavik power plant in Øvre Eiker Municipality in Buskerud County was commissioned in 1922. The power plant initially consisted of four generating units with vertical Pelton turbines and a smaller generating unit for local supply.
From the beginning, Hakavik has produced "railway power" (single phase 16 2/3 Hz). Only two generating units are still in operation with an annual production of around 21 GWh. The plant supplies power over three "railway power lines" to Asker, Skollenborg and Sande.
The machine room's eastern gable toward Eikeren still shows the camouflage paint applied by the Germans during World War II. This was to protect the power station and underlines its importance for the infrastructure of Eastern Norway. The fact that the plant was seized by German airborne troops on the first day of the invasion of Norway on 9 April 1940 also confirms the importance of the plant.
The plant's technical equipment, including four Pelton turbines, is virtually unchanged from when it was installed. A new generating unit is to be installed in 2019 to replace the old units. The new 4.9 MW unit, with a horizontal Pelton turbine and two water jets, will be installed where the current unit four is located.
Hakavik power plant is one of the oldest power plants in operation. It is a national heritage site and is proposed to be included in Statkraft's conservation plan for cultural heritage buildings. This applies to the power station's exterior and interior, as well as warehouses, carpentry workshop, penstocks and parts of other installations along the waterway.