Can you look after the safety and security of our 3 500 employees around the world?
The once all-Norwegian Statkraft has become a worldwide group with projects, power plants and offices on all continents. That challenges the way we take care of our employees.
Now, Statkraft is searching for a trainee to the HSSE-unit (HSSE stands for health, security, safety and environment). This is one of five positions Statkraft has announced as part of its trainee program for 2016. The program attracts highly qualified candidates both from Norway and internationally.
Three meetings with the CEO
It is a position Marie Butenschøn (27) highly recommends. She is a trainee at Statkraft's central staff in Oslo, Norway.
- You will work closely with the group management and other senior executives in Statkraft. I have already participated in three personal meetings with the CEO. That is not what you expect as a recent graduate.
Butenschøn holds a master's degree in Organizational Psychology and Management from Norwegian Business School, and believes this trainee job is an opportunity for candidates with a slightly different background.
- Statkraft employs a wide range of people
- You should not be afraid of branding yourself, especially if you have a non-traditional background. Statkraft employs a wide range of people, particularly when it comes to the HSSE position, says Butenschøn.
Marie recommends candidates to thoroughly research what Statkraft does, both the current business and what might change the energy industry in the future.
- As a trainee, it may be wise to show that you have a broad range of interests. That way, we know that you can easily adapt to new departments, teams, people and countries.
Became curious inside the mountain
The first time Lindheim met Statkraft, was deep inside a mountain. As a former professional ballet dancer, she was involved in a play performed inside a Statkraft power plant – Statkraft is also a sponsor of the Norwegian Opera and Ballet.
When she saw the trainee positions advertised, she just had to apply.
Now she is the editor of Statkraft’s trainee blog - and she enjoys working with her fellow trainees and other colleagues in the company.
- In the trainee program, we have Friday gatherings where we learn more about Statkraft’s organization and business and the energy industry. We are also arranging social activities, such as the upcoming trip to one of Statkraft's cabins. Moreover, we participate in a number of marketing activities aimed at students and young professionals. Lastly, all the trainees will take part at this year’s Zero-conference, says Butenschøn.
Look for vacant positions in Statkraft here