Kvilldal power plant in Suldal Municipality in Rogaland County is the largest in Norway, in terms of installed capacity.
Ownership: 72 %
Production: 3028 GWh
Power: 1240 MW
The plant is equipped with four Francis turbines.
In addition to water from upper Lake Blåsjø, Kvilldal power plant uses water from the middle level of the lake through long diversion tunnels from the Årdals River in the south, Lake Bråtveitvåna in the north and Lake Mosvatnet in the west.
King Olav V opened Kvilldal power plant on 3 June 1982.
Like several of the power plants built inside mountains during the 1980s and 1990s, architect Egil Sorteberg designed and drew the plans for the machine room.
Statkraft's subsidiary Skagerak Energi also has an ownership stake in Kvilldal power plant.