Refsdal power plant is located in Vik Municipality in Sogn og Fjordane County.

Ownership: 88 %
Production: 457 GWh
Power: 92 MW

The plant uses a height of fall of 523 metres from the intake reservoir Lake Målsetevatn.

The reservoir is regulated between 863 and 834 metres above sea level. Several stream intakes also supply water to the power plant's two turbines. Lake Kvilesteinsvatn, which is regulated between 920 and 995 metres above sea level, is also used as a regulating reservoir.

Water discharged from Målset power plant, located further upriver, is transferred to Refsdal power plant in a tunnel. The discharge from Refsdal power plant is then transferred to Hove power plant, which is located furthest down in the Vikja watercourse.

Both generating units have in recent years been upgraded to 46 MW. The total installed capacity is 92 MW.

The power plant was commissioned in 1968.

Statkraft is the largest owner with an 88 per cent share and is also the operator of the power plant. Sognekraft AS owns the remaining 12 per cent.