Virtual Power plant nominated to Green Awards
11.03.2019 | news
Statkraft's Virtual Power plant in Germany is nominated Game changer of the year in Green Awards 2019. You can vote for us up tp 18 March!
The award ceremony will take place as part of the Green Tech Festival 2019 in Berlin on May 24.
How to vote:
- Go to https://greentechfestival.com/en/green-awards/#voting-fetch (use Chrome)
- Select “Game changer of the year”
- Click “vote” on the Virtual Power Plant (DE)
- Scroll down and click “Submit Now!”
- Insert credentials (name + e-mail)
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail – click on the confirmation link
The virtual power plant
Statkraft's virtual power plant in Germany was the first and is the biggest of its kind in Europe.
Around 1300 wind farms, 100 solar power producers, 12 biomass power plants and eight hydropower plants.
Generates a total of more than 10,000 MW. Equivalent to 10 nuclear reactors.
Statkraft is currently rolling out VPPs in the UK, France and Turkey.
More information on the Green Tech Festival: