Energy market & hedging services
Statkraft is one of the most important actors in the European energy market. We trade energy in more than 20 countries and are active on 13 energy exchanges.
Our main trading desks are located in Düsseldorf, London, Oslo and New York.
As one of the largest renewable energy producers worldwide, we have developed our market operations firstly for our own portfolio in the 1990s. In the late 1990s, Statkraft decided to provide this competency to others:
- We trade standardised energy products and develop tailor-made hedging strategies.
- For our customers, we analyse the drivers of power prices, forecast and buy and sell renewable energy in the market.
Roan wind farm in Norway.
For power generators
Beyond managing our own production, we offer market access, forecasting, balancing and flexible asset management for 3rd party asset owners who are looking for a steady and optimised revenue.
Read more about our services for power generators
For energy consumers
Through our trading activities, we gain access to qualified knowledge of the global energy market and can take positions on expected outcomes. We put in place hedging strategies and off-take future risks for energy consumers:
- tailor-made hedging strategies
- full supply
- options (spark, dark and clean spreads as well as cross-commodity)
- futures and forwards
Read more about our services for energy consumers
For energy suppliers
Our services include
- power trades
- full supply
- hedging services with futures and options
- 24/7 forecasting and balancing
Read more about our services for energy suppliers
The Tidong River in India
We navigate the complex waters of the energy market
- informed forecasting, trading and risk management strategies
- algorithmic trading with in-house tools
- 24/7 presence in the market
- cross-commodity market insights
We leverage our expertise in asset management and trading to optimise our own and our customer’s facilities across all relevant markets, ensuring value optimisation for generators and stability of supply for consumers.
Knowledge is crucial to executing a good trade in any market. Statkraft uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to be able to trade quickly in the energy market.
Power purchase agreements
Statkraft is a leading provider of short- and long-term power purchase agreements.