Statkraft France SAS opened its office in Lyon in 2009 to provide the French market with Statkraft’s experience in hydropower and has since then expanded into solar and wind power.
Towards 2030, many of the hydropower concessions in France will be put out to tender and Statkraft is positioning itself to obtain hydropower licenses.
In addition, over the recent years and thanks to ambitious growth targets for renewable energy, the French market has progressively opened to wind and solar power, initially only subsidised, but today with emerging corporate and merchant power purchase agreements (PPAs).
Statkraft's team in France is composed of experts in hydropower, power purchase agreements and local market specialists and is actively supporting:
- growth for wind and solar power generators and developers by providing profitability through short and long-term power purchase agreements
- the transition to green energy for industrial and commercial consumers by providing power supply agreements
- wind and solar project development
- Office opened in 2009
- Providing a route to profitability for wind and solar developers
- Enabling the transition to green energy for large-scale consumers
Read more on the France country siteOpens in new tab or window
Statkraft concludes three additional PPAs in France
Statkraft and Valeco, one of the leading developers of wind and solar power projects in France, expand their partnership by signing three power purchase agreements (PPAs) with a contract duration of five years, for a total capacity of 40.5 MW.